Pas de Calais
Wheelchair access with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
Agny is a village in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais immediately south of Achicourt. The Military Cemetery is north-west of the main part of the village across the River Crinchon. It is 4.75 kilometres south-south-west of Arras Railway Station.
Agny Military Cemetery was begun by French troops, and used by Commonwealth units and field ambulances from March 1916 to June 1917. Two further burials were made in April 1918, and in 1923-24, 137 graves were brought in from the battlefields east of Arras. The 40 French graves have been removed. Agny Military Cemetery contains 408 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, 118 of them unidentified, and five German graves. The cemetery was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.